May 24, 2010

Through regret we learn about patient,

never take a decision when you’re angry, never speak ill words when you’re emotionally unstable. I learn about it recently.

Yesterday was a good day, because yesterday I’d found my baby boy again. Such a long journey he’d been through, but that journey assures his position in our home. He won’t go anywhere anymore. I’m pretty sure of it, I’ll make sure of it.

I’m talking about my dog, not person. I have three dogs with three different colors, black, brown, and white, but my favorite is the brown one. His name is Brownies, because when he was born, his brothers and sisters are all black. He’s the only one who’ve blessed with brown color, so I named him Brownies. He is 8 years old but has a mind like a one year old puppy.

Brownies is special, he’s not smart, but very cute. He has no race, kinda blasteran from I don’t know how many dog’s races, but he do looks like a race dog. Not too tall, very fat, have a color like a golden retriever, cute face, and his right front leg is white.

Since he was a puppy, we often jokes about how his special characteristic, especially his white leg, and how we’re going to use it if he’s lost someday. And we never know that one day we’re going to use those jokes. That teaches me to speak carefully, because when your words come true someday, you’re going to live your own joke. Brownies do lost, and I, all of us, feel guilty, regret and awfully sad because of that.

The story of Brownies’ awful week starts from two weeks before this lost story. I don’t know why, but he keep barking at night and disturbing my entire neighborhood. We try all solutions, sleeping pills (with doctor instruction of course), slap him every half our, talk to him quietly and nicely, all isn’t working. He did that for about few nights in a row that our securities complain to us about it. He did make my father angry because of that, so angry that my father decides to give him away.

And he did that, he sent Brownies to his cousin’s store, it’s about half hour journey from our home with a car. We all disagree with my father’s decision, but cant complaint because my father’s the head of our family and he doesn’t want to hear any of our reason. So we let him do anything he wants just to reduce his anger because somehow we know he’s going to regret his decision later.

And my feeling’s right. My father soon regretting his decision, and he definitely need to pay dearly for that regret. In the morning we receive a call from my father’s cousin, telling us that Brownies is gone. And we start looking for him everyday since, in that surrounding, hoping to find him running happily.

But inside, I do feel that something bad happen to him. Brownies is one kind of very spoiled dog. I’m sure he couldn’t live well outside. And my worries are increasing every passing hour. I know cry couldn’t solve this problem, but I do cry because I love this dog so much, he is my savior in happy and sad times since he was a puppy. He’s annoying, but I love him.

And not that I blame my father for this event. I love my father, but this is not the first time he decide something and regret it later. Usually he needs to pay dearly for his decision. In this case, he does pay his regret immediately.

The more time, the more worry. We’re all afraid, and we’re all sad. Our home is like a big tension balloon which can explode in every single second. So finally we decide to make some wanted poster and put it around my father’s cousin’s store surroundings. We even put rewards there.

And lucky, in the evening after those posters being put, we receive a call said that they found him. They even told us to come quickly because his condition is very bad. My father, mother and sister who’s been in the middle of journey to Depok quickly turned away to there. And true, there’s Brownies, with very bad condition.

He sat under one tree, in the dust. He couldn’t walk because he’s been hit by a car the night before. He’s been so skinny (brownies was really fat before). His body is full of scratches this and there, no energy because he didn’t eat and drink properly since he was gone. But proud of him, he still can growl to all people there, except to my family. No one dare to touch him till my family came and he looks so happy to see them. But still he couldn’t get up because his back leg is broken.

And finally we bring him back home. My father looks relief, he sure do. We give Brownies a big meal. We let him sleep full night. And finally this morning he starts to walk again, even it’s just a little walk. He’s still tired but he’s alive and he’s home, that’s the most important thing, he’s home. My baby boy is home again.

Thanks God, he’s home.

2 comments:

amadea said...

aw...so sweet.. it's like reading a novel of a lost dog.. make me want to have a puppy..hehe.. btw, really thanks God he's safe, with his condition, and the accident, for sure his condition could be worse than this.. it's like u have been given a second chance to have him again :) say hi from me to brownies

Vanya Alessandra said...

hehe if u meet him someday, im sure u're going to hate him, dea.. dia galak banget loh. vanda aja suka ngibrit2 ke atas kursi ato lari ke lantai dua kalo ketemu dia.. :)

Post a Comment