August 20, 2010

Stupid Expectation

You know, the biggest human problem in the pursuit of happiness is expectation. Sometimes you just expect too much that you forget to stop awhile and be grateful for all you’ve got. I didn’t say that expectation is wrong. We definitely need expectation to plan our move before doing anything later. But same as every other problem in the world, too little is never good enough and too much is never good either. It’s all the same, same theory, just like gravitation. The higher you fly, the more hurt you’ll get when you down. Same as expectation, the higher you want it, the bigger disappointment you’ll get later. And lack of expectation won’t get you anywhere.

But as a human, our curiosities always lead us to the other side. You feel cold and you want something hot. You are ugly and you want to be pretty. You’re white skin and yet you tanned yourself. You’re not in love and you curious about being in love. Never enough, as always, human are greedy species. You get one side and you want the other side. But nothing works that way, no perfection in this world and you can’t have the both side.

And here I am, definitely the sample of human being, full of false assumption and wrong expectation. I’m the exact example of pathetic romantic kind. Means that I always expect something to be as much as I feel. I ask for something more, and I forget to say enough. I wish for undivided-attention, a dance in the moonlight night, a surprise visit in the middle of the week, a single stem of white lily without occasion, sweet words, simple sacrifice in the name of love, those kind of romantic notion that tell that I’m loved. Yeah, I know, I realize that it’s silly because you couldn’t count love from those act. And yeah I know I ask too much.

Yeah, my bad, I though I can control it, but I can’t. When I love, I expect to be love in return. When I am excited about something, I expect the other to be excited too. Being in the same boat with me, I mean as my partner, maybe need some extraordinary energy to cope with my speed. I know it’s wrong for me to expect anybody to think as I think, but I can’t help it.

And after reality tells me to stop doing that, in some ironic way of it, finally I can stop awhile and reflect to myself. What have you done in the name of love? You haven’t done it yet you expect it. Egoist, such an egoistic person.

So, some suggestion for myself, to prevent another stupidity, just do more and expect less. You make other miserable when you forget that because you won’t find happiness if your eyes refuse to see it as a happiness. Just please stop those stupid expectation and try to live properly.

After all, happiness is handmade, with a help from God.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
but that's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
but that's alright because I love the way you lie
(Eminen feat Rihanna – Love The Way You Lie)

1 comments:

amadea said...

:)

Post a Comment