August 5, 2010

a little optimism in the pessimistic day

Life's always down to earth. When it feels that we're too happy to be true, then it shows us some way to humble ourself. Example today.

What a hellish day today. Wake up with dizzy head. Hear my sister complaining about her phone 6 o'clock in the morning, exactly the time when I should get ready to work. Late about few minutes for work, just to get the wrong and error absent machine. Get few extra minutes late for being late again till I find the right absent machine.

Coordination meeting in the morning till lunch means that I met some, and by some I mean much, people who choose to ask about my face, my allergic face. Like I couldn't see those little red spots. So annoying to answer those questions. And suddenly, I decide to go to the doctor, my skin doctor, immediately. And by immediately I mean this very night.

Spending my after lunch time to buy present, or in this case, present materials for one of my lecturer, again. Spend the afternoon making this present, and yeah, making the present because it's a scrap book. Not attending today's integration seminar because of that scrap book (I sign my absent first, that means I'm cheating, ain't I?).

Waiting till the doctor practice schedule. Going there in time to find that I need to wait half hour or more. Get my face checked. Get one treatment that burn my skin like hell. Get injected. Skin allergic can be damn annoying, huh? Pay an outrageous bill. Happily walking to the front door.

Just to find that it's raining outside. Get stuck in traffic jam in a public transportation. Walk in a pouring rain till my home. Take a cold bath, and finally I feel alive again.

Just to find some work to do before tomorrow morning. Do those work quickly. Preparing some things for tomorrow's trip, because I'm going to Bandung and i need to wake up 4 o'clock in the morning because of that. And finally I'm free, to take a rest i mean.

It's just another tiring day. Just another day. Sounds complaining, but really, I just feel tired and down, and somehow my melancholic side strike me bad. Well, maybe just some hyperactive hormone that could make me high and down so easily.

So here I am, very tired, very very. Waiting for my boyfriend to comfort me with his words, though it's really self centered to expect him to comfort me (well, it's my problem that I have this hellish day, not his). Lying in my bed with my almost closed eyes. Imagining tomorrow. And especially, imagining the weekend to come. Hell, after all those trying events, there's still something that can make me smile.

Wish and hope, our last resort when we feel like hell. So when you down, try to smile and remember, there's always tomorrow, and tomorrow's is always better than today.

Have a great hellish day, everyone, and have a great heavenly day after that. Because maybe life is fair sometimes :)

2 comments:

amadea said...

hahaha welcome back to the earth.. seems like u are back from your cloud nine of happiness hehehe.. (hey, just kidding).

anw, u're right, some hellish days make some other days called heavenly. dont u think so? :)

Vanya Alessandra said...

yup, down to earth already. we couldn't have our euphoria forever right?

Post a Comment