October 21, 2010

bésame mucho

Hearing this song from place I couldn’t quite remember long time ago. I don’t know the title, the singer, the lyric, and the meaning. Forget about it for a long time. One day, few days ago, when I see our picture together, suddenly I remember those 2 words, bésame mucho. I don’t know the meaning of course and my curiosity forces me to search about it in Google (sure!) and find out that actually it’s song lyric. Download the song and when I play it, suddenly I recognize it. Memory is weird, dejavu of things we couldn’t quite remember consciously, but unconsciously, we had it there.

Bésame Mucho is a Spanish song written in 1940 by Mexican songwriter Consuelo Velázquez. According to Velázquez herself, she wrote this song even though she had never been kissed yet at the time, and kissing as she heard was considered a sin. She was inspired by the piano piece Quejas, o la Maja y el Ruiseñor by Spanish composer Enrique Granados.

Now I know the song, the title, the lyric, and the meaning. I even know part of the history. Now this song always reminds me of you.



bésame, bésame mucho (kiss me, give me many kisses)
como si fuera esta noche la última vez (as if tonight were the last time)
bésame, bésame mucho (kiss me, give me many kisses)
que tengo miedo a tenerte y perderte después (because i 'm afraid of having you then losing you)

quiero tenerte muy cerca (i want to have you very close)
mirarme en tus ojos, verte junto a mí (to see myself in your eyes, to see you next to me)
piensa que tal vez mañana (think that maybe tomorrow)
yo ya estaré lejos, muy lejos de tí (i'll be far, far away from you)

1 comments:

amadea said...

lucu ya bisa kaya gitu.. weird dejavu :)

Post a Comment